THIS POSITION CLOSES July 13, 2013
Salary: $3,493 - $4,367 per month. This is a professional staff exempt position. This position is located at the Parks Administrative Building.
Job Requirements: This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Urban Forestry, Forestry, Biology, Geography, Horticulture, Environmental Science or closely related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Certified Arborist required. The ability to obtain a License Irrigator license within 6 months of employment is required. Possession of a valid Class C Texas Driver's License with good driving record. Must successfully complete required pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, including criminal history, physical, drug/alcohol testing, and motor vehicle review (MVR).
Job Duties: Under general supervision, supervises forestry work to ensure the continuity and health of community trees along city streets, parks and related areas. Provides technical assistance to individuals and groups relating to arboriculture, insect and disease management, tree evaluation, tree risk assessment, planting cultivation, pruning, tree care, and other related duties related to the management of an urban forest.
- Ability to organize, schedule and supervise forestry activities of assigned parks, city owned property, medians, rights of ways, and municipal facilities; includes planning and implementing long range tree management plans to improve the quality of life in the community through proper arboricultural techniques, selection of trees, irrigation system management, estimating requirements and procuring appropriate materials, support personnel, and volunteers for work projects.
- Ability to prepare and supervise the preparation of tree management reports, grant applications, proposals, contracts, specifications, records, and logs; includes annual budgeting and developing policies and procedures for the Forestry Program.
- Ability to identify and inspect trees for disease, insects, structural form, safety and a biotic damage and the ability to prescribe and administer corrective actions for such. Includes conducting periodic inspections of trees to insure the public's safety from hazardous trees along city rights of way and public property.
- Ability to manage contract administration, which includes selecting and hiring contractors, monitoring work progress, and ensuring compliance with budgets as well as city, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage, supervise, and coordinate the "Let's Enhance Arlington Forestry" (L.E.A.F.) program in its entirety; up to but not limited to: filing, marketing, organizing volunteers, speaking engagements, data collection, inventorying, ordering trees, scheduling deliveries, and creating publications.
Work Schedule: Work hours include Monday - Friday, 7 am - 3:30 pm May include some holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed. Below is a direct link to the City website where the job is posted. https://recruitpa.c10f.netaspx.com/recruit/servlet/com.lawson.ijob.QuickCandidate?vendor=100